Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
The third step in the water damage restoration and cleanup process is one of the most crucial steps. The third step is the water removal/water extraction process! After our team members have finished their inspection and damage assessment, the water removal process begins. Our SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City experts uses advanced technology, such as our powerful pumps, to quickly remove the majority of the water from your home or business in Oklahoma City! If your home or business suffers from a water leak or flooding, you can trust our crew to be there to help make your water damage seem "Like it never even happened."
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of North and Southwest Oklahoma City can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.