Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
All it takes for mold to begin to grow and spread throughout your property in Oklahoma City, OK is a small source of water. A water leak, flooding, or even humidity can spark a mold infestation to spread on your property. Mold can also cause health effects to you and others on your property. If you suspect or have discovered a potential mold infestation on your property, call our SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City team today! Our SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City team has the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Down below, you will learn more about what to do until SERVPRO help arrives.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (405) 216-5787
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City proudly serves Oklahoma City and surrounding areas.