Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
SERVPRO of North Oklahoma City is a regular part of daily life in OKC. Each day throughout our city residential homes and commercial businesses encounter water damage. When this happens owners are looking for the right solutions to address their new found emergency.
Discovering water damage is a demoralizing event. If it’s your home, you feel lost. If it’s your business, you feel the crushing weight of uncertainty.
Our Oklahoma City area SERVPRO team regularly addresses water damage throughout the city.
Below we put together tips to follow if, and dare we say when, you come into contact with a water damage situation.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (405) 216-5787
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.